Sunday, April 29, 2007

Making of “War of the Worlds” *spoilers*

Guy A: Are you telling me that I can’t peel off your socks?

Guy B: I’m telling you that you can try.

Guy A: What you need to ask yourself is “do I feel lucky?”

Guy B: Does what you’re saying even make any sense? That’s what you need to ask yourself.

Guy A: I’m not going to ask you which of those questions I’m supposed to ask myself if that’s what you’re trying to get me to do.

Guy B: Why would I even care? You’re the one who keeps trying to pull off my socks.

Guy A: I’ve been asking. I want to make this perfectly clear, if I had started trying you’d know it!

Guy B: How would I know?

Guy A: Because you wouldn’t have any damn socks, Einstein!

Guy B: The name is Epstein, Einstein.

Guy A: Yes, I know, that’s why I called you Einstein.

Guy B: No, idiot, I was calling you Einstein.

Guy A: I’m not going to ask you why you think that makes sense, if that’s what you’re trying to get me to do.

Guy B: Why would I care what you ask?

Guy A: Well, because we’re best friends.

Guy B: What brought you to that conclusion?

Guy A: The way you hang on my every word. The way you told me to try and peel off your socks. The way you always answer my questions with a, what do you call those?

Guy B: A question?

Guy A: Yeah, just like that.

Guy B: Best of luck to you Einstein.

Guy A: He he, I got your socks!

Guy B: I don’t know what you’ve got, but I’m still wearing my socks.

Guy A: Wow, the aliens are all dying!

Guy B: I know, we deliberately made the story as different as possible...

Guy A: And, don’t forget, as boring as possible...

Guy B: Right, as different and as boring as possible, but we decided to keep the original ending.

Guy A: Brilliant.

Guy B: It was the cold.

Guy A: What?

Guy B: The cold, the common cold. That’s what killed them.

Guy A: But then why?

Guy B: Don’t ask, just believe.

Guy A: I’ve got your nose!

Guy B: Oh, shut up.

No comments: